Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
The SAP Technical Analyst is accountable for the day to day development in the SAP software environment. Employees in this role are responsible for design, programming, testing, debugging, and requirements documentation. Successful candidates will work with Business Analysts, Business Application Managers, and business representatives to keep abreast of operational issues and initiatives with a potential SAP impact.
- Collaborates with business function areas to fully understand and define system requirements. Makes recommendations for business solutions. Develops technical specifications and technical unit test plans based on these requirements.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business. Ensures that programming and software requirements fulfill business objectives.
- Designs, develops and modifies programs, objects and processes to complete smaller projects as well as supporting larger complex projects.
- Works as a team member within own IT group and other IT departments to implement new or system changes. Identifies resources and communicates system requirements and timelines.
- Provides ongoing system and programming support in the responsible area. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new and suitable applications and understands their potential uses as they relate to the functional area supported.
- Performs functionality tests of new and updated applications and systems to verify desired results are achieved. Evaluates results and coordinates or makes modifications to improve system performance. Creates test plans as required. Participates in application updates and upgrade projects.
- Organizes and tracks the progress of projects and tasks by applying project management techniques. Identifies issues that will delay on-time delivery and assists in resolving them. Communicates to management direction, status, and problems with work assignments through status reports. Works with management to overcome obstacles and complete projects.
- Follows established methodologies during system development and ensures systems adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department. Develops and maintains all system related documentation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in SAP ABAP development
- Extensive experience with CDS views, SQL Scripting, User Exits, IDOCs, Workflow, Interfaces, Reports, Smart Forms, Adobe Forms and BADIs.
- Experience with S/4HANA
- Experience integrating with external systems
- BAdi and Enhancement development
- WebDynpro experience
- HANA, BRF+
- Excellent communication skills, team, and interpersonal skills to work closely with the business users to understand and define system requirements and then make recommendations for business solutions. Ability to understand the comprehension level of the user and communicate effectively with them.
- Ability to work within a team and to communicate system requirements and timelines to internal/external IT resources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving techniques to develop programs and systems that are efficient and effective at providing the functionality requested.
- Develop technical specifications from which applications will be written based on business requirements. Work with programmers to communicate and ensure understanding of programming requirements. Review work activities for completeness and technical accuracy
- Design, develop and modify programs, objects and process to complete smaller projects as well as supporting larger complex projects.
- Ability to develop test plans and perform comprehensive functionality tests of new and updated applications to verify desired results are achieved.
- Ability to work with business users in a support role to define problems and understand root cause of system issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload and quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent