At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Senior Architect to join our Advanced Analytics practice in our Chicago office. We are a nimble, highly skilled, integrated team of deep technologists equipped with strong business acumen, best practices, experience across hundreds of diverse environments, and an accomplished track record for turning tough technology challenges into business value. We help our customers navigate the rapidly evolving landscape of advanced analytics tools and capabilities and translate complex business requirements into a practical technology-based data platform that suits our customer’s business.
This role requires a deep understanding of any of the below Advanced Analytics practice offerings:
- Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing
- Microservices Architecture
- Data Governance
- And More!
Senior Architects at West Monroe Partners have three main areas of responsibility:
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying and communicating potential opportunities to account manager
- Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients, articulating to C-level executives the benefits of data analytics and management.
- Understand client business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of WMP’s advanced analytics methodologies, best practices, and approaches to client delivery.
- Contribute to growth of knowledge in service line through training and KTS sessions
- Complete case studies for all engagements
- Actively implement and improve methodologies
- Actively participate in the recruiting process for other consultants
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Identify strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create strong consultants
- Coordinate client account activity and build day-to-day trusted advisor relationships.
- Lead engagements or the analytics portion of engagements by communicating and reporting project status to key client stakeholders, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Make decisions regarding aspects of project, including tools, approach and methodology
- Define detailed responsibilities, work tasks and targets for each team member according to the technical work plan
- Ensure quality of work product, i.e., “client-ready” deliverables
- Manage client-satisfaction process
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams across the firm
- Assess stakeholder interests and plan and execute strategies to address their needs while quickly responding to client requests for immediate issues and driving projects to completion.
- Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to be able to keep project on time as well as QA of work done by the team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in a quantitative analysis/data analytics capacity
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Utility Analytics (e.g. Predictive Maintenance,
- Customer Experience, Revenue Protection, Vulnerability Analysis, etc)
- Extensive experience managing implementation of multiple ongoing enterprise level client facing projects
- Preference for external management consulting experience within the last 3 years
- Solid project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
- Present experience or proficiency with data related projects
- C3.ai experience a plus
- Ability to travel an average of 50%
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Proven expertise with advanced analytics and data mining tools and programming languages such as R, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Computer Vision, SQL, Snowflake, DataBricks, PySpark, Jupyter, Hadoop, etc.
- Familiarity with BI/data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Hands-on experience with multivariate analytic techniques such as linear and logistic regression, decision tree, cluster and factor analysis, time-series forecasting methods, predictive modeling, forecasting, SVM models, and neural nets desired.
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.