Data Engineering Technical Lead
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology”
– Mohit Kapoor, CIO
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Two or more years of hands-on experience leading technical teams and coaching resources
- Proficiency in SQL, relational and non-relational databases, query optimization, and data modeling
- Proficiency with one or more Data Integration tools (Ab Initio preferred)
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with Big Data tools, such as Hive and Spark
What we’d prefer to see:
- Experience working on teams operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience working within CI/CD environments and a passion for automation and system quality
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Impact you’ll make:
- You’ll operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing our multi-Petabyte platforms that support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
- Lead Agile team(s) building the platforms and tools that support the Analytics communities of TransUnion.
- Implement and deploy leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services.
- Collaborate with product owners and team members on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges.
- Design and Develop tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations.
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments.
- Assist in technology innovation activities such as research, evaluations, and prototyping.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.