Senior Business Analyst at Morningstar
Responsible for understanding and gathering business and technical requirements to serve as a conduit between product and technology teams. Responsible for growing and refining the product backlog by prioritizing against short and long-term business solutions. Collaborate with development, business, and other team members to manage the on-going development, projects and associated deliverables throughout the phase of solution definition and product delivery. Facilitate Agile and scrum ceremonies, help identify/eliminate impediments along the way, and guide teams on Agile principles to ensure agreed upon commitments are understood and adhered. Possess an intimate understanding of business and technical requirements and translate, write them into epics, features, user stories, acceptance criteria, activity diagrams, and use cases. Make and own the hard decisions, and trade-offs that emerge during the project delivery phase when things don’t go exactly as planned. Facilitate and drive methodology change to design-first, API-first, and API as a product with internal product teams. Promote, own and communicate best practices for API creation, documentation and integration processes across the firm. Devise, document and communicate technical strategy for integrating Morningstar APIs with 3rd party vendors and external partners. Works as a technical writer to document APIs and technical training materials. Track work stream and project level risks related to timeline, scope, and quality in order to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or foreign equivalent.
· 5 years of Business Analysis experience
· 3 years of experience working across disparate teams to facilitate strategic discussions with IT, product teams, and program stakeholders on the development of central platforms and standards, including API as a product and API-first development.
· 2 years of experience in technical writing including experience using REST API documentation and Swagger/Open API specification
· 5 years of experience using Agile methodology framework
· 3 years of experience grooming and refining the product backlog, ensuring stories are closed as per the definition of done, reporting sprint/user story success, and escalating risks/delays, and supporting project delivery efforts and timelines
· 3 years of experience working with complex and highly scalable cloud applications built using Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings.001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity