Senior Business Analyst at Everspring
Are you ready to elevate your technology career to the next level? Do you want to be a part of a team that inspires, engages, and empowers each other to create the next generation of Educational Technologies? This is a collaborative team whose work translates traditional education in innovative and compelling ways to enable our university partners.
The Business Analyst collaborates with the business functions and technology teams to build educational technology and applications for our university partners' online programs. This individual will assist in product management related activities including requirements gathering, writing acceptance criteria, story documentation, product research and support across multiple products and technologies. This position will report to the Director of Product Development and is located in Chicago, IL.
- 5+ years of experience Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders as a liaison between the Business and Technology.
- Maintaining, testing, and improving business and systems operations.
- Identifying innovative ways to increase operational efficiency across the business.
- Making recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Eliciting, documenting, and translating business requirements into functional application requirements.
- Moving easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- App development skills: Designing and documenting user stories and wireframes as a part of SDLC in various project management methodologies.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate with impact and confidence, both verbally and in written formats
- Product Management skills to help co-own or independently own certain product backlogs
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of relevant business management principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to turn complex concepts into simple language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite use, including development of various diagrams. Advanced level capability with PowerPoint and Excel is highly desired.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple projects and wear many different "hats"
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Client Implementation Technology Owner (Sponsor): Client Implementation & Ops Manager
- Primary point of contact for existing clients: Client Implementation & Ops Manager
- Key Liaison between Tech and all functions: Sr. Business Analyst
- Product Owner and BA for all functions: Sr. Business Analyst = Translate a business problem into a technology solution
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2021. We offer benefits that include hybrid work arrangement, FSA, health insurance, dental, short term and long term disability, 401k with an employer match, a generous PTO plan that accrues with tenure, professional development, pet insurance and more!
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time