Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the design, development and administration of the data platform and data architecture supporting the enterprise analytics solutions for multiple use-cases with various teams across the organization.
- Design data marts, information stores and data pipelines to support advanced analytical reporting and self-service data analysis and exploration, utilizing multiple data and visualization technologies.
- Lead the design and build of internal data platforms utilizing open-source and Tempus’ internal library components and architecture principles.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to identify system enhancements and align those changes to team roadmaps - in support of future data analysis needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, providing guidance, data and analytical support for developing new analyses and tools in support of strategic initiatives.
- Perform deep-dive root cause and problem-solving analyses for and with laboratory, business operations and engineering teams.
- Perform analysis, build optimization and performance management solutions and tools to accelerate business and operational teams towards completion of strategic operational targets and goals.
- Develop and facilitate data governance initiatives to assure data integrity across distributed systems.
- Solve new and interesting problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science/Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or similar education or training
- 4+ years of experience developing analytics data stores
- 4+ years of experience developing data pipelines and data orchestration tools (Airflow)
- 4+ years of experience with direct stakeholder management and ownership of full lifecycle of analytics/data projects
- 4+ years of experience in building data and event-based solutions in cloud architectures
- Experience developing integrated solutions in a “microservices” environment
- Experience building data solutions utilizing API’s as input data sources
- Advanced SQL skills for querying and analysis of large, complex datasets
- Experience working with at least one scripting language
- Experience gathering requirements and building requirements documents; then grooming the requirements into actionable sprint task items
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on laboratory processes in the field of next generation sequencing
- Ability to deliver both high-level explanations of complex problems while also able to deep-dive into complex problems
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members and translate technical language to the non-technical need
- Creative problem solver, ability to handle multiple projects, and strong work ethic needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail
- Able to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and an eye towards process improvement
- Persistent and resilient person who thrives in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
Bonus points for:
- Advanced analytics experience - classification/predictive modeling, optimization models, machine learning
- Experience with Python for data engineering or advanced data analysis projects/use-cases
- Healthcare domain knowledge and experience
- Expert knowledge of database/data modeling concepts, SQL skills, proficiency in query performance tuning, and desire to share knowledge with others
- Experience building cloud-native applications and supporting technologies / patterns / practices including: GCP, AWS, Docker, CI/CD, DevOps, and microservices
We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We’re looking for Engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sxual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.