Senior Consumer Insights Manager at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Senior Consumer Insights Manager will be the central source of understanding of our players and games, providing actionable insights to the business based on data. Key activities will include; managing and developing the existing Insights team; ownership of relationship with key suppliers and market research agencies; managing and delivering research on behalf of sales and marketing.
Additionally, help to establish the Illinois Lottery brand to be a champion of the people of Illinois, through delivering - Fun Games, Create Winners, Support Causes. Powering possibilities across the Illinois Lottery product portfolio is a key driver to delivering for the people of Illinois.
- Provide leadership, direction and development to the Insight team to ensure the delivery of high quality, actionable insights.
- Manage the consumer research budget ($2m) supporting a $3b business
- Oversee regular consumer research (eg brand tracker) and lead custom research (eg new games, game designs), across retail and digital, with the primary focus on retail
- Facilitate brand and channel team consumer understanding through research and other techniques addressing specific briefs as they may arise.
- Facilitate the delivery of consumer, shopper, category, customer, market, and competitor analysis and research.
- Develop deep player (consumer) understanding to inform new product and marketing campaigns
- Build the analytic capability for Camelot Illinois, moving from insight focused on games and events to deliver a detailed understanding of the player base.
- Build the insight and analytics plan, consulting with senior stakeholders and aligning activities against strategic priorities with a clear and well communicated roadmap.
- Use data and data analytics to support decision making
- Support retail service strategy by providing customer analysis and insight generation to inform in-store marketing activities.
- Provide foresight to the lottery by identifying relevant macro-trends and their significance for future strategy.
- Manage, motivate and develop direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- 7 plus years of consumer insights experience.
- 3 plus years of experience leading and developing a team.
- Proven experience and knowledge in research and consumer insight from a range of CPGs to provide comprehensive recommendations to influence decision makers.
- Experience in a range of research and insight methodologies and applications to ensure that the business is using the latest and most efficient approaches.
- Proven experience developing, mentoring and coaching a team to deliver performance objectives.
- Demonstrable track record of connecting multiple sources of insight, research and consumer understanding to define long term directional challenges.
- Demonstrable experience of leading analytical teams in a digital environment, driving clear consumer targeting strategies and resulting ROI.
- Creating and managing and business reporting and KPI dashboards.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven experience to review information and find the insights.
- Able to work across the business and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Able to transform complex information from multiple sources to formulate simple, clear actionable insights which deliver business value.
- Commercially aware with proven track record of providing insight and foresight to support business performance across revenue and profit.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of using information from consumer research, customer sales databases, external market data sources and able to merge multiple data sources to create richer insight.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.