Senior Data & Analytics Engineer at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe just might be the place for you.
Think you're up for the challenge?
The Senior Data & Analytics Engineer within the Data & Analytics team will be responsible for supporting and developing the data & analytics platform at West Monroe. The engineer will provide development expertise, escalated support, and operational maintenance to the firm’s growing application integration and reporting needs. This includes the product lines for Microsoft SQL Server (BI stack), Power BI, and custom-built front-end visualizations.
We are looking for a focused developer who can work in a team-based environment to deliver consistently and take accountability for personal work and team success – this is an exciting opportunity to grow our team together!
- Partner with team members to develop reporting, dashboarding, and self-service functions to be utilized across the firm
- Learn new technologies that are leveraged within the technical platform to ensure shared knowledge to de-risk single points of failure
- Leverage the Microsoft BI stack to deliver SSRS reports, SSIS ETL solutions, and SSAS Semantic Models
- Build reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI suite
- Build web services where applicable to provide real-time integrations, leveraging cloud-based technologies
- Leverages both internal and external resources in creating and/or supporting technical solutions
- Takes ownership for a successful service delivery—across functions, system development/IT, operations, and production support teams
- Be the customer champion, influencing other technology colleagues and vendors in ensuring customer satisfaction
- Team-based delivery is important to the success of our model, and everyone will get the opportunity to work closely with each other to ensure a cohesive and de-risked team!
- Lead by example as a member of Dedicated IT for West Monroe
- Work collaboratively with IT team members (especially with data & analytics team peers) to ensure the IT solutions delivered meet the needs of the business
- Work cross-functionally to ensure technical products perform at a high level of quality and stability
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systematic fashion.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with employees to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Share knowledge across both teammates and end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent required
- Excellent organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
- 5-8+ years hands on experience supporting technical environments, focused on data (either integrations and/or analytics/reporting)
- Team-based, agile experience preferred
- Desire to learn - Learning and improving your craft is important for all of us, if you're constantly learning you're in a better position to deliver value to our employees
- Strong with SSRS and SSIS; SSAS proficiency preferred
- Experience working with SaaS products and services
- Azure, AWS, or other cloud-based development experience is preferred