Senior Data Developer (Java) at Enfusion
Senior Java Data Developer
Who We Are
Enfusion is a pioneer in developing innovative, native cloud investment management software, analytics, and managed services for asset managers and hedge funds around the globe. We underpin the investment operations of more than 500 fund managers from our nine global offices spanning four continents. Our unique, seamless, SaaS-based platform is reshaping the global investment operations landscape by removing traditional information boundaries and uniting the front-, middle- and back-office into one system, with one unified data set. Passionate about client service, we complement our software solutions with expert middle- and back-office managed services. In fact, we were recently recognized as Best Managed Services Provider at the 2020 HFM EU Services Awards.
Just as Enfusion is committed to excellence in our solutions and services, we’re absolutely committed to the growth, development, and well-being of our people. At Enfusion, you will help fund managers around the world streamline their operations, mitigate risk, and improve transparency and reporting so they can confidently focus on what they do best – invest. Similarly, Enfusion is your opportunity to pursue your passion, showcase and further develop your skills, and launch a meaningful and rewarding career. Whether you are developing our industry-leading technology, delivering world-class client service, creating leading edge analytics, managing critical client operations, winning new business, or supporting Enfusion's ever-expanding global footprint, you will be part of a dynamic, fast-growing, and innovative company committed to your success. Our environment is inclusive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial. We value diversity, foster and reward creative exploration, and strive to continually exceed client expectations.
Enfusion has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Developer in our downtown Chicago office. As a member of our Software Engineering Group, the most important thing we look for in people is a passion and enthusiasm around solving business problems through innovation and through sound engineering practices. For this role, we are looking for someone with substantial java, sql, ORM (hibernate) and data experience to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the global investment management industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for working on strategic initiatives specifically related to how we store and interact with databases.
Current Strategic Pursuits:
- Introduction of Multiple Sites
- Schema Redesigns and optimizations
- Sharding and partitioning of multi-tenant data
- Programmatic database minification and splitting
Who We Need
- 10 or more years of experience in Java
- In depth knowledge
- ORM’s specifically Hibernate
- Relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Must have worked in product development and have implemented performance driven solutions.
- Thorough understanding of application server, web server, database server architecture and setup. Performance driven solutions including application security, load balancer and code optimization techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and willingness to do off-hour level III support.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Must have worked on architectural solutions including MVC and Microservices.
- Must have developed solutions around MySQL Databases. Knows database schemas and architecture.
- Good to Have understanding of implementation of distributed database and cloud computing