The Team: Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means building products and solutions that help employers maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans and put individuals on the path to better retirement outcomes. Workplace is a high-growth area for Morningstar that houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base includes retirement plan providers, plan sponsors, plan consultants, and retirement plan advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our clients’ problems, we are well-positioned to help individuals achieve a better retirement. The workplace technology team is critical to achieving this mission and bringing it to life.
- Develop efficient, high throughput data pipelines to push transactional data to the cloud.
- Build computation frameworks to get analytical insights from cloud-based data stores.
- Optimize storage to best serve business use cases.
- Define and implement the data life cycle per compliance requirements.
- Work with product managers and data scientists to understand the objectives of the data platform.
- Play an active role in data governance in collaboration with other Database Administrators and Applications/ Business teams.
- Design and develop for quick deployment with assistance from the Devops team.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related field
- Hands on ETL experience on Apache Spark or AWS Glue
- Hands on experience with an AWS database, preferably Athena or RedShift
- Experience using Python for data science
- Strong knowledge of database design principles
- Strong knowledge of serverless big data offerings on AWS
- Very good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code
- Knowledge/experience adding quality checks to data pipelines
- 7+ years of experience in design, development, and maintenance of cloud-based data systems
- 3+ years of experience on Microsoft SQL server
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and produce superior results
- Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies Ability to write clean code and provide insights in code reviews