At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will contribute to database management of large scale web-based applications through the use of SQL, C#, and .NET tools. These technologies enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Senior Data Engineer’s work in conjunction with Software Engineers, DBA’s, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and business owners
- Serve as a member of a data team that solves complex challenges and builds working database solutions using SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, and table functions
- Develop solutions and contributing to development, leveraging Object-Oriented programming techniques (.Net), Software Development Lifecycles, Unit Test Techniques, and Debugging/Analytical Techniques.
- Collaborate with the team to develop database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the systems under development.
- Code, install, optimize, and debug database queries and stored procedures using appropriate tools and editors.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Promote collective code ownership for everyone to have visibility into the feature codebase.
- Present technical ideas and concepts in business-friendly language.
- Provide recommendations, analysis, and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and maintenance efforts, including capacity planning.
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks related to SQL code.
- Support timely production releases and adherence to release activities.
- Contribute to data retention strategy.
- 5+ years in commercial-grade business applications environment leveraging the following:
- SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, stored procedures, user-defined functions and table functions
- Managing design risk
- 5+ years leveraging OO programming techniques
- Software development lifecycles, Unit test techniques, debugging/analytical techniques
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.