Senior Data Engineer
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Science team. At ActiveCampaign, Data Engineers deal with terabytes of platform transactional data, such as UI interaction time series, marketing content, user e-commerce trails, etc.
Our team is passionate about delivering data-driven features to our end users.
If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Maintain and scale our data pipeline while expanding its functionality and improving its reliability
- Architecting and assembling data infrastructure solutions to support product initiatives
- Identify and implement internal process improvements
- Programmatically unify data from various sources
- Maintain data infrastructure (data stores, ETL tools, etc.)
What is needed:
- Advanced SQL knowledge and familiarity with windowing queries
- Proficiency with object-oriented scripting language, preferably Python
- Hands-on Linux experience
- Optimization of large data processes (500GB to 5TB)
- Experience with both OLAP and OLTP workloads
- Experience with both batch and streaming data processing
- Experience working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Experience with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Administer databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) for scale, stability, security, multi-user load management and performance
- Experience with any data visualization and reporting tools (D3, Tableau, etc.)
- Desire to acquire/sharpen data science skills (statistical data exploration, machine learning, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL processes with Airflow
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (access, admin, etc.)
- Experience with any containerized microservices
- Experience with distributed data environments
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description