Senior Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Have a view of Vivid Seats data pipelines and understand how a specific type of pipeline will work
- Create technical designs while thinking of data governance, data quality and security and get buy in from peers
- Interact with a variety of other engineering teams within the company
- Guide junior data engineers
- Stay up to date on new and emerging technologies, planning accordingly to incorporate valuable concepts to enhance our data schema and capabilities.
As a Data Engineer focusing on data pipelines, you will:
- Build batch or streaming tooling around between our data stores
- Build highly scalable and resilient systems that continually move data within the company
- Design the life cycle of the data transformation working considering needs from our BI team, 3rd parties, data governance, data quality and security
To be successful, you'll need:
- Moderate ETL experience of building pipelines using a modern technology tool; ideally you've developed pipelines with streaming or an interest in learning and develop a streaming pipeline
- Cloud experience with either GCP, AWS or Azure and experience running data platforms within a cloud environment
- Working experience with Python or Java
- And understanding of deploy as code methodology using frames like Ansible or Terraform
- Experience writing a RESTFUL service
- Experience or understanding of messaging systems or streaming platforms like RabbitMQ, MQ Series, Kinesis or Kafka.
- A willingness to being in an on-call rotation
Additional Experience of Interest:
- Experience in containers including Docker and platforms like ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Git or Jenkins
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606