Senior Data Engineer at Belvedere Trading
Data Engineer at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere is looking for someone that is passionate about data and can help take our analytical capabilities to the next level. You will be instrumental in ensuring the availability, breadth, and reliability of data that uses to continuously make better technical and trading decisions. You will have the opportunity to actively participate in key decisions as we continue to advance our analytical capabilities.
You will need to be ready to help solve some of the hardest problems in a team environment, incrementally adapt to change in technologies and business requirements, voice your opinions in a constructive manner and hear other opinions out in-kind, and balance ideal state systems with on-going delivery.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, maintain, and enhance analytical data models/structures in support of Belvedere’s analytical needs
- Establish and ensure reliable flow and integration of data from internally and externally sourced data
- Ensure reliable availability, integrity, and quality of data through automation
- Work closely with data and quantitative analysts to understand and efficiently meet their data needs
- Collaborate with technology teams to identify address data gaps or inconsistencies
- Create custom tooling, as necessary, to simplify the efforts of both the Business Intelligence team and end-users
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience writing clean, readable, and well-organized code
- Solid understanding and background building data structures and leveraging data stores optimized for analytical purposes
- Proficiency and relevant experience with ETL and stream processing toolsets
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and integrate data across multiple data platforms including RDBMS, NoSQL, and Time Series
- Proven ability to research and implement new technologies and frameworks incrementally
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of responsibility within a team environment
- Experience in Financial Services or Proprietary trading preferred
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. You name it, we trade it. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Not sure what this means? No sweat. Our in-house learning and development team, Belvedere Trading University (BTU), will teach you most everything you need to know.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.