Senior Data Quality Analyst
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We pride ourselves in being a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by establishing teams with varying strengths who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From leading recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that champions innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay up to date with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before.
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognizable names in the world. In 2018, McDonald’s was rated as one of the top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, forward-thinking “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail QSR industry. Working in our IT sector of the corporation will provide you with important work and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
The McDonald's Global Data & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Data Analyst. With supervision this position defines the business requirements (keeping Data Quality as the focus) and builds process and data models for technology solutions that meet the business needs. Bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the life cycle of the product. Coordinates and/or executes plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business.
You will have extensive experience in a data warehouse environment facilitating requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, analyzing and evaluating possible solutions to meet requirements. Experience in leading QA processes including creating test strategy and test plan documents as well as executing tests and working with external QA vendors. The candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related field is REQUIRED.
- Ability to read, develop and test advanced SQL statements
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional data design and modeling in a large multi-platform data environment.
- Experienced in writing test plans and scripts
- Excellent problem solver - use of data and technology to solve problems or answer complex data related questions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under multiple subject areas at once.
- Ability to think creatively about data designs and options.
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written.
- 3+ years of experience with creating SQL to investigate data anomalies, patterns and profiling.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence as part of project workflow and documentation tools is a plus.
- Experience with Agile project management methods and terminology a plus.
- Gather business requirements and translate them into objects used for data ingest, reporting and advanced analytics.
- Assist business analysts with providing clear and concise business and quality rules.
- Data mapping and data profiling data sources using SQL and data profiling tools.
- Collect and document system flows and other pertinent technical information about data database design and/or data systems.
- Implement and follow established data governance standards in the data model and standardization of business definitions.
- Transform business concepts into the written word to provide comprehensive business definition of objects.
- Serve as subject matter expert on data within the Global Data and Analytics platform.
- Participate on data quality management initiatives.