Senior Data Scientist (Marketing)
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending 40,000 fans to live events every day. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with flexibility and the speed of a startup while operating at a massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, giving every single employee direct accountability in creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to the site and mobile app daily. Your ideas are heard and implemented, your hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means that have the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that allows us to connect our tens and millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that live events create.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will have a direct and measurable impact on growth and profitability by developing, improving, and testing algorithms to drive customer acquisition and retention. You'll be a vital member of the CRM team, creating analytical models and triggered programs that deliver relevant offers and personalized recommendation to Vivid Seats' customers.
You'll explore diverse sets of user-generated data, and will and use sound scientific principles to create precise, high-performing and reliable models to be used in our marketing campaigns. The systems you build will affect Vivid Seats' customer experience (email, push notifications, paid search, etc).
You will wake up every day obsessed with utilizing data analysis to drive channel growth and deliver the best messaging to our existing and prospective customers. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally to distill and present complex learnings and to be an advocate of analytical, data-driven decision making across the company.
To be successful, you'll need
- Experience developing insights from large datasets using various analytical methods such as predictive learning, regression methods, clustering, statistical forecasting, etc.
- In-depth understanding of statistics and experiment design - control vs. variations, multivariate experiments, etc.
- To quickly evaluate complex issues and solve business challenges with analytic solutions
- Advanced experience using SQL for relational databases
- To collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources using clear, well-documented, and understandable methodology
- To be a strong communicator, mentor, and team player - you will collaborate closely with peers and cross-functional teams.
- To understand the drivers of our business, and to be able to explain your approach, test plans, and learnings to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A proactive and energetic personality - you'll need to multitask and prioritize projects independently
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first, elevating your team and ownership over outcomes
- 5-7 years of data engineering or data science experience in R; SAS and Python are a plus