At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Engineering & Analytics practice and contribute to the continuous development of our advanced analytics and data science offerings. We’re looking for a deep technologist and thought-leader, confident in building solutions for clients from the ground up. The senior architect will also help develop and market our analytics platforms-as-as-service solutions, while collaborating with our clients’ analytics SMEs to implement data science models across a variety of industries.
- Oversee advanced analytics work and architect predictive models for clients in a variety of industries, I.e. Healthcare, Retail, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, etc.
- Act as a thought leader and engage with client analytics SMEs to collaborate in the build and deployment of deep data solutions
- Oversee multiple concurrent analytics engagements, including leading junior consultants and communicating/reporting project status to key client stakeholders (budget, risks, issues, etc.)
- Make key decisions regarding the direction of your projects including tools, approach, and methodology
- Define responsibilities, work tasks, and targets for each consultant according to the technical work plan
- Assess stakeholder interests and plan and execute strategies to address their needs while quickly responding to client requests for immediate issues and driving projects to completion
- Engage in developing and marketing analytics platforms-as-a-service solutions, repeatable models, and other data science offerings
- Collaborate cross-functionally leadership across various West Monroe practices to develop applicable client project opportunities
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of West Monroe’s advanced analytics methodologies, best practices, and approaches to client delivery
- Continuously enhance your knowledge of the firm’s Data Engineering & Analytics solution lines by attending training and KTS sessions
- Complete case studies for all engagements and document for future use
- Develop more junior data science consultants who will be working under your guidance to deliver on client work
- Attract top tier talent (MS/PhD programs, competing firms, etc.) in an effort to continue building out our analytics and data science capabilities
Business Development (Desired)
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying potential unique opportunities, and communicating them to appropriate West Monroe Account Manager/Business Development Executive
- Understand client business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospective analytics projects
- Actively build a professional and affiliate network in the local and greater data science communities
- MS or bachelor’s degree in related Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Econometrics, etc. or equivalent experience required
- 9-11+ years of experience in data analysis, architecture, or science capacity; 5+ years of experience working in a data science capacity, or managing/coaching one or more data scientists
- Technology/Management Consulting experience preferred, not required
- Proficient understanding of AI/ML concepts, and other contemporary data science logic; proven experience with advanced analytics and/or data mining tools
- Confident in the application of AI, ML, and/or NLP solutions to solve complex business problems across a variety of industries
- Hands-on experience with multivariate analytic techniques: linear and logistic regression, decision tree, cluster and factor analysis, time-series forecasting methods, SVM models, and/or neural networks
- Skilled in programming languages like Python, R, Java, SQL, Scala, etc.
- Familiarity with relational databases like SQL Server, as well as BI/data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and/or QlikView
- Confident project management ability including leading consultants, requirements analysis, scheduling, providing scope, mitigating issues, risk management, change management, and strategic planning & analysis
- Comfortable leading concurrent consulting projects at a high level, often ~2-4 engagements simultaneously
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
- Bonus technologies:
- NoSQL – HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, Mongo, Neo4j, etc.
- Big Data – Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, PIG, Mahout, etc.
- Cloud/Data – Azure, AWS, Azure ML, Amazon ML, AWS DeepLens, AWS EMR, etc.
- Ability to travel roughly ~50%
- West Monroe is currently operating on a per-client basis when it comes to travel. As an office, we are virtual until October 2020, with employees then given the option to work out of our offices or continue working virtual through the remainder of 2020