Senior Database Architect
At SilkRoad we're passionate about creating a vision of success for talent management and human resource professionals and their organizations. Every day we strive to transform those visions into reality. Our corporate resume is a long one of achievement and customer success. We have 2,000 customers and we've learned a lot.
Take a look. http://www.silkroad.com/company/
- High visibility, hands-on role working on an offering that is on the critical path for our success
- Work with developers and product managers to build our cloud-based analytics data warehouse
- Analyze analytics requirements and convert those into data warehouses and data structures
- Build best in class analytics that tell the stories that our customers will love
- An architect by nature, you like building things.
- An expert in large-scale data warehouse solutions.
- A critical thinker and lifetime learner.
- An extremely good communicator.
- Problem-solver at heart.
- We're creating something entirely new. Curiosity drives your open mind.
- You find comfort in spinning multiple plates.
- Fear of Failure. Failure not an option in your mind.
- You don't need to be told what to do. Set the goals and step aside please.
- Your natural tendency is to work with others in order to solve the bigger problems.
- Minimum of 8 years designing and developing relational databases.
- Minimum of 5 years designing, developing and supporting data warehouses and business intelligence systems.
- Advanced knowledge of ETL development and tools like Informatica and custom-built ETL based procedural SQL and scripts.
- Expert level SQL skills.
- Proven experience with MS SQL Server (preferable) or others major relational databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Expertise in database performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like Azure (preferable) or AWS.
- Familiarity with reporting and analytics tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to learn existing systems quickly and start enhancing them immediately.
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, computer science or related field.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile Development methodologies