Senior Manager- Data Quality Engineering at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
McDonald’s is looking to hire a Senior Manager- Data Quality Engineering who has a deep understanding of Data Management standards and practices. The role will include work defining and building new technology frameworks for accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, and completeness to improve our data quality and scale our data management practices. A successful candidate has shown experience in managing projects and leading others to highly impactful and timely results. You will communicate analyses and recommendations to cross-functional partners and decision makers. The position requires someone that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study, and ongoing training.
- Improves data quality through technological means. Develops and implements new technology solutions as needed to ensure ongoing improvement of data quality, governance and visibility
- Actively monitors data quality and collaborates with domains to implement necessary updates in a timely way and may be required to populate and maintain databases/services
- Participates in new software development engineering. Helps to define business rules that determines the quality of data, assists the product owner in writing test scripts that validates business rules, and performs detailed and rigorous testing to ensure data quality
- Develops a solid understanding of the technical details of data domains, and clearly understands what business problems are being solved
- Engages with application teams to help reengineer ingestion pipelines to be more stable, reliability, and instrumented with monitoring
- Designs and develops real-time processing solutions for data quality
- Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data management ecosystem
- Designs software solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Develops and codes solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering field and experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Informatica
- 10+ years of experience with creating SQL to investigate data anomalies, patterns and profiling
- Familiarly with a scripting language, such as python, ruby, bash or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of quality functions like cleansing, standardization, parsing, de-duplication, mapping, hierarchy management, etc.
- Expert Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Ability to identify and mitigate data quality issues effectively. Can engage in engineering design discussions on deep root cause analysis and system design for remediation
- Ability to drive continuous data management quality (i.e. completeness, accuracy) through defined and governed principles
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis (comparing multiple datasets) using a variety of tools
- Demonstrated experience in data management & data governance capabilities
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional data design and modeling in a large multi-platform data environment
- Excellent problem solver - use of data and technology to solve problems or answer complex data related questions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects under multiple subject areas at once.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence as part of project workflow and documentation tools is a plus
- Experience with Agile project management methods and terminology a plus
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.