Morningstar. is looking for a Senior Oracle Applications DBA (Oracle Apps DBA / Oracle E-Business Suite Database Administrator) to work at our Chicago Headquarters office. We are also willing to consider candidates who are local to Toronto to work out of our office in Toronto.
Required technical skills:
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in Oracle R12 with at least 1 year of work experience in Oracle R12 12.2.x version (12.2.8, 12.2.9 or 12.2.10 etc.) on the Linux platform.
- Must be very hands-on in Oracle EBS 12.2.x rapidclone (cloning) procedures for refreshing test instances.
- Must be very hands-on in using the dual file system concept of Oracle EBS 12.2.x
- Must be very hands-on in using Oracle R12 tools such as adop (online patching tool), adadmin (AD administration tool) etc.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in Oracle database administration (11g R2/12c R1/19c)
- Must be very hands-on in Oracle database backup and recovery, database duplication using RMAN tool.
- Ability to perform Oracle database tuning (both SQL tuning and overall database tuning)
- Intermediate level experience in Oracle PL/SQL database programming.
- Intermediate level experience in Linux shell scripting.
- Intermediate level experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for Oracle Applications DBA work.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team members belonging IT Infrastructure, Information Security network storage etc. in articulating and convincing Oracle requirements.
Soft skills and educational qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree or above preferably in computer science.
- Easy to understand and detail oriented technical documentation skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated.
- A polite and respectful attitude towards team members.
- A strong sense of urgency and adherence to project/task timelines.
- Should be willing to work on some weekends (or) late night hours to support production maintenance tasks (or) urgent timelines.
- Should follow Oracle DBA best practices set by Morningstar Oracle DBA tech lead (or) DBA manager.
- Fast learner and be able to take ownership at work. Execute a task/project from start to end by either working with a team or individually/independently.
Nice to haves:
- Vertex O-Series web administration.
- Vertex Indirect Tax Returns.
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM) and Oracle Data Guard.
- Backup and Recovery with CommVault.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity