Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Acting as a liaison representing the enterprise data management organization with the finance team partners as DFS is revamping and rebuilding its financial systems. The selected candidate will act like a product owner of a matrixed team with activities spanning various practices in the data management organization. The selected candidate should have superb communication skills and ability to simplify and present complex information to senior level professional including progress status of all ongoing activities across the various data practices.
- Documents design specifications and installation instructions.
- Collaborates with technology partners to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Communicates with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Verifies the stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Provides advice on project costs, design concepts, and design changes.
- Drives optimal reference architecture that efficiently and effectively presents an integrated view of enterprise data for both operational and analytical needs.
- Use the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Designs solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Understand the role of metadata in capturing data lineage, and supporting data quality
- Documents current state data flows covering interfaces, data stores, transport technologies and the source and destination of data
- Covers service-level requirements such as availability, volume of data, response time, and security and privacy.
- Provide guidance to application development areas by applying knowledge of data warehouse design, extract-transform-load (ETL) design and development
- Support the creation and implementation of data strategy and future state architecture
- Provide support for the roll-out of enterprise data modeling, data stewardship, metadata and data quality processes and tools.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Technical, or other related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Technical, or other related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 10+ years of relevant hands-on data architecture experience
- 4+ years of relevant hands-on exposure to building data and analytics solutions on AWS
- Knowledge with Financial Acumen, including hands on experience with GL activities.
- Knowledge and ability to promote innovative solutions for metadata and data quality.
- Knowledge about metadata driven applications
- Knowledge data quality solutions for data-at-rest and data-in-motion at high velocity.
- Experience with variety of databases e.g. Teradata, Oracle, Maria DB, Snowflake
- Experience with building data warehouses, marts, business intelligence reports and operational systems
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in the data space and ability to recommend solutions
- Experience leading and mentoring other data architects
- Strong executive presentation skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.