As a Fixed Income specialist, you will contribute to the Fixed Income index research including developing new index methodologies, creating portfolio construction and analytics tools, and promoting thought leadership A fast-growing dynamic set-up offers opportunity to handle multiple projects, mentor team members, and provide opportunities for swift career development. You will have an excellent grasp of investment concepts, possess strong analytical skills, will be proficient with at least one programming language (Python, R, MATLAB) in addition to SQL. Additionally, the successful candidate must possess sound verbal communication skills and be able to discuss research with both experts and non-experts alike. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Work on the entire Fixed Income product development lifecycle from ideation, design, development, and validation, leading up to launch.
- Research and develop innovative Fixed Income indexes in areas such as ESG, Strategic Beta, etc.
- Partner with research teams across Morningstar to develop global Fixed Income research agenda and transform Morningstar's intellectual property into investor-centric Indexes.
- Work closely with other index teams and external vendors to operationalize index methodologies.
- Develop new tools and capabilities to perform bond portfolio construction or fixed income analytics independently, including the use of advanced statistical techniques.
- Publish white papers, factsheets, client presentations, and other collateral to support go-to-market plans.
- At least 3 years of fixed income quantitative experience at an index provider, asset manager company or investment bank.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative, financial discipline, or engineering; a CFA, MBA or a Master's degree in a quantitative or financial discipline is preferred.
- CFA charter or candidature (Level II passed) is preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional investing, modern portfolio theory and portfolio construction processes.
- Hands-on analytical and quantitative skills (e.g., econometrics) and practical experience with programming and database packages with proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Matlab, R or C#).
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills including ability to distill complex ideas into simple explanations.
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards and to act with professionalism and integrity.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity