We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and e-sports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
As a leader in the options space, we need strong research analysts who can provide high quality analysis that cover a breadth of equities, proactively monitor catalyst driven events and identify industry risks to provide impacting market research and generate trading ideas.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing high-quality analysis. Our research team provides fundamental equity analysis to our trading teams to evaluate how industry events, news, and risks are impacting our equity valuations and underlying volatility. You will break down and synthesize information which allows our traders to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Partnering with trading teams. You’ll work closely with trading teams to communicate your research findings and make recommendations that will impact trading decisions with potential to own and manage the positions. Additionally, you will help lead training sessions to help educate our teams to ensure that drivers of changing market dynamics are effectively communicated and leveraged.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas. Perform well structured, deep dive, bottom up fundamental research on specific companies to produce high conviction investment ideas.
- Impacting our business. At PEAK6, you’ll make an impact Day 1. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex technological challenges directly affecting our business.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role, but before you do, you should have these traits:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Has an insatiable curiosity. You have to know how things work and you love doing research. You’re resourceful, inquisitive, and proactive in gaining knowledge.
- Values the power of the team. Above all, you want to see the team succeed. You help others embrace your ideas and you also know how to embrace ideas other than your own to help the team succeed.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
- 2- 4 years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst.
- Strong academic track record; advanced degree or CFA a plus.
- Willingness to prepare and pass relevant regulatory examinations to attain a FINRA Series 57 certification.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively research and distill information, as well as clearly and concisely communicate key findings.
- Experience evaluating options and volatility.
- Ability to use scripting skills (VBA, SQL, Python or R) to screen company data, looking for unique openings, correlations, and trends.
- Experience partnering closely with trading teams and other business groups to communicate market impact.
- Experience automating routine analyses to provide more efficient data evaluations.
- Flexibility in covering a variety of different sectors.
- Experience conducting buy-side research is preferred, but open to those with strong sell-side experience also.
- Proven idea generation and track record would be a plus.
A few reasons why you might love working here:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an incredible track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- You’ll have genuine opportunities for growth. Your success is the team’s success. We give you plenty of chances to develop your skills and grow your career.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC. Candidates for this role will need to be located in the Chicago or NYC areas or willing to relocate within a reasonable timeframe.