Senior Retail Insights Manager at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
The Senior Retail Insights Manager will report to the Camelot Lottery Solutions VP of Retail and will be responsible for Camelot Illinois retail insights and strategy execution.
This includes facilitating our annual planning process and ongoing business planning throughout the year and acting as a point of contact with the State Lottery Director and Team, as well as the Camelot Illinois senior management team. This is a key strategic role within the business, building on the diverse range of skills and experience of the existing staff.
Additionally, this individual will help us achieve the Illinois Lottery brand promise (“To be a Champion for the People of Illinois”) through successful execution of our business plans.
- Support the VP of Retail Sales and Commercial Director by owning planning relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with subject matter experts cross-functionally to craft comprehensive and integrated retail plans to achieve revenue and net income targets.
- Communicate appropriately up to an Executive level and effectively influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage expectations on an ongoing basis and providing regular progress updates on plans implementations and manage all processes.
- Ensure extensive process, governance and controls are in place and followed.
- Formulate resource plans to support the delivery of the business plans.
- Work with the commercial teams to shape forecasts and revenue budgets relating to the plans.
- Support efficient delivery of the initiatives and continuous improvement by leading cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional matrix team each with responsibilities related to their functional area.
- Lead internal meetings to review plans against current and future priorities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years relevant working experience.
- A professional, credible and measured demeanor.
- Engaging, influential, dynamic and authoritative nature.
- Demonstration of analytical thinking, organizational skills, communication abilities and leadership.
- Strong leadership: Demonstrates credibility with strategic and business planning experience.
- Skilled relationship manager: An ability to work with senior internal and external management teams. Credible people management and client management experience essential. Collaborates well with others and plays an influential across the business.
- Highly successful communicator: Powerful writing and presentation skills, as well as a proven ability to influence others.
- Proven ability to manage complex plans: Experience with numerous moving parts and multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to manage workload, budgets and project coordination.
- Financially astute: Strong analytical skills and rich experience with financial forecasting, including business case development and understanding of a P&L and Balance Sheet..
- Large scale resource planning: Comfortable shaping resource requirements to ensure successful delivery.
- Experience working for a CPG company
- Commercial experience spanning marketing, sales and Insights.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: We drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.