Senior Risk Manager
IMC is a global, proprietary trading firm and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Brilliant people and cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds, what they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. We will not accept less.
IMC is currently looking for a Senior Risk Manager to be a part of the US Risk Management Team. Our risk management team operates closely with trading and technology teams in order to manage the inherent risks in IMC’s trading strategies across various technologies. We are looking for someone who can bring risk management expertise and at the same time a critical, quantitative and proactive hands-on approach. It will be your challenge to support the risk assessment and management responsibilities for market, credit, liquidity, operational, and regulatory risks with a particular focus on market risk. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring and enhancing risk management’s intraday monitoring tools and reports. To excel in this role you will use your experience and your analytical skills to add value, not bureaucracy to the business.
What makes it fun & rewarding?
- Identify and manage the risks in IMC’s existing and new trading strategies across various exchange-traded asset classes including index, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and single name equities
- Monitor intraday and overnight market risk at both the portfolio and single product levels and discuss key exposures with our trading desks
- Analyze financial market developments and help build risk methodologies and processes for new trading strategies
- Liaise with software development, data engineering, and trading support team members to develop and implement risk tools for real-time monitoring and reporting of IMC’s key risks
What is ideal for our team?
- Experience with analyzing and managing the risk associated with a portfolio of equities, futures, and options
- Detailed knowledge of exchange traded derivative products with an emphasis on risk characteristics
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to key business stakeholders
- Working knowledge of data processing and analysis technologies (SQL, VBA, Python, or similar)
- Familiarity with big data platforms to perform analysis (Hadoop preferred)
- A proactive attitude and an out of the box-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the financial risk management field with a strong quantitative and technical background
- Strong academic background in quantitative fields such as statistics, applied mathematics, or computer science
- Assess and challenge potential solutions to complex business processes associated with operational and technology risk
- Contribute to risk management’s risk control self-assessment through analyzing the potential impact and likelihood of risk events
- Collaborate with risk, trading, and development team members to design and employ risk controls in IMC’s execution and strategy software solutions