Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Data Quality who is passionate about changing the status quo and bringing health care into the 21st century. As a Senior Software Engineer, Data Quality, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and high-quality insights for our clients, patients, and partners. Patient care, data quality, and innovative science are foundational principles that require creativity and pragmatism.
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of engineers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running on GCP managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation coupled with our decentralized, microservice architecture allows us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale.
High data quality is a foundational principle and table stakes for all Engineering teams, and the Senior Software Engineer, Data Quality will own strategies for test automation, risk management, and stakeholder engagement.
Why We are Looking for You:
- You enjoy collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers and SREs on quality and infrastructure strategy, acceptance criteria, release readiness, and issue resolution.
- You have planned team risk and testing activities, supported scheduled releases, and triaged failures.
- You have established, monitored, and optimized application-level stability, performance, and reliability measures.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, etc.), as well as Continuous Integration / Delivery.
- You have working experience with Unit, Integration, API, and Performance Automation testing tools and frameworks.
- You have working experience designing, administering, and leading software quality activities (e.g. automated testing, test case management, smoke testing, etc).
- You have experience developing data quality frameworks in Python and SQL.
- You have experience maintaining data quality platforms that allow data stewards to clean & tag data quality issues.
- You have experience developing data models for audit dimension(s).
- You can identify & fix data quality issues.
- You have experience creating test data for lower environments.
- You proactively and continuously learn about new and relevant technologies.
- You use your knowledge to influence other engineers, product managers, and stakeholders; advocating for better practices.