Senior Software Engineer, Data Visualization at Morningstar
The Group: At Morningstar, your contributions have meaning and can drive change. Across our 27 oﬃces worldwide, we’ve invested in fostering a community where talented, driven people can grow. Our entrepreneurial spirit and uncompromising ethics guide everything we do. It’s all in the name of helping investors.
The Team: Morningstar’s Quantitative Research team aims to improve investor outcomes by providing innovative research using rigorous scientific methods. We are a creative group of analysts, software engineers, data scientists, and designers who collaborate with teams across the company to make data accessible and understandable to a wider audience.
About the job: We are looking for an experienced, versatile software engineer who is enthusiastic to take on new challenges across the full-stack. You’ll work alongside our analysts, data scientists, and designers to create visualizations that embrace the complexity—not force simplification—in data to facilitate and support well-informed decisions. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll build interactive data visualizations that will spark curiosity, enable the discovery of new insights, and broaden the reach and understanding of complex data sets.
• Collaborate with peers to create and implement beautiful, interactive data visualizations
• Build flexible solutions using modern, front-end software engineering best practices
• Communicate conceptual ideas to a variety of audiences effectively
• Design, develop, test, improve, deploy, and maintain software
• Mentor and train other team members on system design techniques and coding standards
• BS degree in computer science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with frameworks (D3, Vue, React, Vuex, Redux)
• Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Docker)
• Familiarity with tools and languages for data analysis and visualization (Python, R, Excel, Tableau)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build solid working relationships
• Ability to speak and write English fluently
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity