WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
What you will do as an Operations Developer...
- Work with the Mid-Office, Finance and Business Planning/Analysis teams on a daily basis to ensure all data has landed for reconciliation and reporting.
- Monitor for production issues and provide a quick response to help eliminate down time in our operational pipeline.
- Work with our various data providers, both internal and external, to ensure timely delivery of data and to provide feedback on file formats / data quality.
- Develop new and maintain existing reports to keep up with our evolving operational environment.
- Work on various projects to help automate new and existing operational processes.
- Collaborate with team members to improve upon and add self-service features to existing operational tools.
- Document technical processes for business users to allow better understanding and the ability to troubleshoot.
- Affinity with a dynamic, quickly changing environment
- Willingness to work within a diverse code base
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time
- Contribute towards supporting and improving the operational infrastructure.
- Ability to work across teams in our organization, in order to build and implement reliable solutions/processes
What we ask for
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Data Development, and/or Workforce Automation. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required
- Experience gathering business requirements, communicating with key stakeholders, and delivering solutions quickly
- Excellent command of SQL language and ETL development (SSIS knowledge a plus)
- Automation focused mindset
- Broad experience across Python, C#, Visual Studio Tools, and Qlikview is beneficial but not a prerequisite
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.