Sr. BI Manager
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an experienced BI Manager to join our growing Technology (Data Engineering) Practice in the Chicago office. This is an excellent opportunity to help build out the expanding competencies for the practice including Data Visualization, Data Warehousing, Data Governance, and Predictive Analytics. You will be running large projects with Fortune 250 clients across varying industries.
- Manage the project to a project plan by being mindful of scope modifications and potential risks and issues and by most effectively leveraging the team’s strengths.
- Correlate strategic solutions to actionable technology implementations, which includes developing conceptual analytics architectures (consider data warehouse design, analytics processes and report delivery mechanisms) through close partnership with our BI architect
- Assess ETL architecture including CDC, mappings, data flows, procedures, schedules, etc.
- Assess OLAP and semantic layer based on the reporting requirements
- Assess reporting architecture and provide recommendations for reporting technology
- Provide data governance and data management expertise to our clients as they establish their analytics organizations.
- Mentor and manage teams on client projects to be able to keep project on schedule.
- Manage project risks and issues.
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion.
- Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and IT management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
· Enhance our current strategic analytics methodologies and points of view for the marketplace
· Devise creative methods to enhance our team’s capabilities in delivering analytics strategies and associated work
· Serve as a Career Advisor for individuals within the Advanced Analytics practice
· Provide mentorship and guidance to your advisees through formal and informal channels, such as the annual expectation and review processes
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into detailed proposals and Statements of Work.
- Assist in business development by creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
- Attend networking events and business related social events.
What do we need you to bring with you?
- A detailed understanding and hands on experience preferred implementing Advanced Analytics technologies, including data warehousing, reporting, analysis, data modeling, etc.
- Understanding and ability to lead a technical engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of hands-on professional experience.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Travel requirements: up to 50 %
- 5+ years of prior consulting experience
- Strong technical knowledge in ETL tools (SQL Server SSIS or Informatica), Databases (SQL Server 2012, Oracle), OLAP tools (Microsoft SSAS), Reporting tools (Microsoft SSRS, Cognos), ability to work alone or in conjunction with a BI Architect
- Microsoft BI certification is strong plus
- Good knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Business Intelligence environment.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical deliveries
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.