SR. DATA SCIENTIST at Caterpillar
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist to build a world class analytics strategy and platform for service data options.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
Service data is a key in supporting parts growth initiatives. This role will help develop and drive the analytic strategy for service data options. This includes evaluation of dealer service data against Caterpillar baseline data to improve accuracy. Develop methodology to analyze the data to find insights into regional, application and other perspectives. Determine how to work with other product support related data sources and digital/analytic initiatives to drive improvement to service data.
- Move to serving as the technical expert on projects including visualization on complex projects, data security and accessibility
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and ability to handle complex assignments independently & collaboratively. This includes experience in Tableau Desktop Developer Skills and intermediate level Tableau Server Skills or expert level Power BI Developer and Pro Skills, and intermediate skill with Power Apps & Flow
- Participate on cross-functional project teams & lead projects
- Communicate effectively with leadership and stakeholders regarding project status & requirements
- Prototype, develop, iterate, test, and deploy into production automated reporting solutions
- Build mathematical/statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems
- Write reusable code, build resilient data pipelines, and use standard practices
- Prototype, develop, iterate, test, and deploy into production automated analytics solutions including working in the cloud
- Participate or lead on 3-4 projects concurrently
- Minimum Bachelor's degree & 8 plus years of data science experience OR
- Master’s degree & 6 plus years of data science experience OR
- PhD & 3 plus years of data science experience
- Fields of study include mathematics, data science, statistics, engineering, computer science, operations research, econometrics, finance, economics, analytics or a similar field with quantitative coursework
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 1+ years project leadership experience
- 3+ years practical experience in analytics positions
- 3+ years of practical experience developing and successfully deploying predictive and/or prescriptive analytics solutions and productionizing machine learning models or in design and prototyping dynamic views and visualizations for large and complex data sets in Tableau and/or Power BI
- 3+ years practical experience delivering production deployed solutions
- 3+ years experience extract/transform/load large, structured data sets
- 3+ years experience with Python using Jupyter Notebooks, libraries & packages
- Strong experience with data structures using SQL
- Visual design expertise & passion for graphic design
- Familiar with building solutions with cloud; preferably AWS or Azure
- Design thinking experience with UI/UX experience
- Exemplary communication skills
- Experience leading & operating in an Agile environment
- Self-starter and driven
- Collaborative and leads by example in team environment
- Innovative with solutions to solve business problems
- Inquisitive with a strong focus on continual learning in the analytics field
- Strong attention to detail in order to spot inaccuracies in coding or data
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar's products and services, systems, processes, and procedures
Relocation offered to IL
Can Work Remote based in the US
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.