Sr. Database Administrator at Echo Global Logistics
The Senior Database Administrator contributes to major efforts in building database environments that power critical applications, contributes to the management of Echo's large scale database systems while supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, availability, scalability, performance, security, and functionality.
- Take ownership, and contribute to complex projects encompassing data integrations, data transformation, Data Lakes, data pipelines, system design, and system builds for on-prem and off-prem environments
- Manage database systems that includes installations, implementations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, capacity planning, security, audit, data lifecycle, and optimization of Echo's Enterprise data technologies.
- Work with the development teams in the data modelling and database design of product and coding efficient and optimal performance queries.
- Automate, simplify, implement, and continuously improve the database environments and processes.
- Implement, periodically test, and review appropriate data access and security measures, including access control, audit, backup/restore and system rebuild & recovery processes.
- Work directly with customers to support and solve complex challenges.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, etc.)
- Ensure that the Business Continuity measures are implemented, documented, and regularly tested to enable continue operations.
- Commands a broad awareness of technologies and industry trends related to data and cloud technologies.
- Hands-on contributor that teaches by example and mentors others.
- Open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices.
- Acts in the interest of the overall team.
- Balances best practice decisions with delivering high business value (right vs right now).
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, fluid work environment.
- Customer focus and value driven.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience.
- 5 to 8 years managing commercial-grade database systems leveraging the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 2019.
- Solid T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, database design, configurations and builds, logical and physical data modeling, stored procedures, security, backup/recovery, and data integrity skills.
- Strong understanding of SQL internals, Clustering, Always-On, Partitioning, In-Memory, and SAN technologies.
- Strong performance troubleshooting, tuning and resolution knowledge including root cause analysis (RCA).
- Proficient in implementing and supporting High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Proficient with PowerShell or Python.
- Proficient with Cloud data technologies specific to AWS (DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, RDS) and NoSQL).
- Proven record with Automation and simplification of data management tasks.
- Experience with Visual Studio development and CD/CI solutions for database projects.
- 3rd Party monitoring tools, including Idera SQLDM, Solar Winds Ignite, SCOM, and others
- Adept at Transactional Replication, including setup, troubleshooting, and creating replication scripts.
- Proficient planning and organizational skills; solid verbal and written communication skills.
- 24/7 Support on-call rotation.
- Cloud Certification - Preference is AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or other Cloud focus.
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and established teams with newly integrated and focused User Experience process
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and collaborative teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on the products