Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
As the Sr. Manager, Retail Analytics, you will support the fast paced growth of Home Chef’s retail business via its core product offerings (kits, ready to heat) in Kroger stores, along with growth initiatives for Kroger’s Deli Department. In both capacities, your primary responsibility will be to analyze performance on financial metrics (sales, gross margin, EBITDA, etc) and identify opportunity areas.
You will support these initiatives in a similar capacity - structuring analyses on business performance, partnering with key analysis partners (Home Chef data & finance teams, Kroger category management, 84.51), executing analyses, and driving recommendations. This is an exciting opportunity to have a tangible P&L impact on both a high-growth business line (Home Chef retail) and impactful categories at the largest grocery chain in the US (Kroger).
Analyze retail business performance & identify priority areas for improvement
- Develop standardized KPI reporting for retail revenue and profitability (e.g., units, revenue, GM%, shrink, AGM cut by product & division); execute reporting (automating where possible) and identify key callouts to retail team on a recurring basis
- Analyze performance of retail tests or new product launches
- Identify & prioritize top areas of opportunity for revenue and profit improvement
- Manage & prioritize analysis pipeline for 84.51, Kroger’s data research arm
- Develop sales and shrink targets (by product, by division) in collaboration with retail forecasting team and retail marketing/sales teams
Conduct category analyses & insights for Kroger deli refresh categories
- Analyze business performance (e.g., SKU level performance, division-level performance, YoY trends) of deli categories that Home Chef is tasked with growing; identify key areas of opportunity for revenue growth
- Utilize 84.51 tools to analyze category-level performance (e.g., trial/repeat, customer lifecycle analysis) to identify customer behavior trends; apply to core retail business categories if applicable
- Analyze competitive landscape of deli categories, including both qualitative (e.g., product offering) and quantitative (e.g., market share) benchmarks to identify Kroger’s position vs competition; utilize market research tools (e.g., Nielsen, IRI) to analyze competitive position if appropriate
Manage financial planning process & business inputs
- Coordinate with Home Chef’s finance team on retail annual budget cycle, monthly financial forecast updates, and capital request submissions
- Own the business assumptions for financial models (e.g., number of stores & unit velocity for new product offerings); coordinate with Home Chef finance team on financial modeling exercises
- Manage pipeline of retail requests to data team; identify priority projects for enhancing retail data (e.g., adding new product lines)
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 2+ years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – consulting, finance, data analytics, manufacturing, CPG, etc.
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field: Advertising, Business, Communication, Marketing, or Management
- Individuals who are strategic, data-driven, can turn data into insights and actions
- Ability to turn complex questions and issues into clear questions, analysis and results
- Self starter, who can identify key business initiatives and prioritize the work
- Professional communication and relationship building skills
- Exceptional Excel and Google Sheets analytics; coding experience (e.g. Python) preferred
- Experienced at developing executive-level outputs in Powerpoint and communicating findings to leadership
- Previous experience with fresh/perishable products preferred
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here