Sr. Research and Consulting Analyst at TransUnion
Job level: Sr. Analyst
“At TransUnion, we are proud to work closely with our lending customers to help them serve the millions of Americans seeking a better life for themselves and their families.” – Steve Chaouki, EVP of Financial Services
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- A team of hard-working statisticians, data scientists, modelers and industry experts on a mission to extract new and exciting data insights
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalent discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on analytic experience in the traditional lending marketplace building research or analytic studies, benchmarking reports, statistical models, risk strategies, monitoring services, and/or other quantitative solutions.
- Experience writing intermediate to advanced SQL queries for data extraction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously with evolving deadlines.
- A demonstrated interest in the areas of banking, consumer lending and finance.
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior to better understand why consumers act the way they do with their credit.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and ability to run on multiple projects concurrently with minimal guidance.
- Advanced proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R, Python, or SAS.
- Advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Impact you’ll make:
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as SQL, R, SAS, and Python on Linux and PC computing platforms).
- Translate complex analytical findings into business insights to be shared at industry conferences and potentially published with leading media outlets.
- Serve as an internal expert on both traditional and short term lending credit data and how it applies to industry trends and current research.
- Aid in formulating research problems based on real world needs.
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling communications and presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience.
- Contribute to projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques(e.g. segmentation, regression, clustering, survival analysis, and machine learning).
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a constantly learning spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.