Strategic Sourcing Analyst at SMS Assist
- Identify prospective Affiliates for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization.
- Develop familiarity with the Affiliates area of expertise, including but not limited to trade, geography, business size and areas of specialization.
- Complete cold calls daily to establish relationships with Affiliates and gain leads.
- Negotiate pricing and service terms while maintaining margin requirements.
- Consistently meet sales quotas.
- Partner with implementation team to ensure smooth transition into the SMS network.
- Assess opportunities and risks with your territory; recommend resolutions to leadership.
- Understand varying scopes of work of our clients and convey those requirements to Affiliates.
- Foster a positive team environment.
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to adjust work schedule during high peak periods when necessary.
- Travel, as needed, to meet vendors and assess and identify opportunities of growth or improvement of processes (potential travel of 10%)
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft product skills - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience/ability to setup/lead meetings or plan remote business events preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in Facilities or Supply Chain a plus
- 0-2 years of sales preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.