Technology Director - Business Analytics & Data Engineering
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners (WMP) has an opportunity for a leader to join our Technology, specifically within our Business Analytics and Data Engineering practice areas, in the Chicago office. This is a Director opportunity with specific responsibility for leading growth and delivery through deep subject matter expertise, client relationships, management expertise and people development. In this role, you will drive revenue through engagement leadership and opportunity origination while enhancing the firm’s reputation and brand through thought leadership.
This role will focus on delivering IT transformational and leadership services as well as providing clients with thought-leadership on applying new technologies to innovate their business. This leader will be responsible for key client account ownership, scoping, and acting as the engagement lead for large scale technology migrations and implementations.
In this role, you will have three main responsibilities:
· Lead teams serving clients across industries while demonstrating executive presence with high level client counterparts
· Interface with all levels of business and technology leadership both internally and at client sites
· Partner with architects and to create vision and develop solutions
· Work with program and project leadership to implement technology that supports business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
· Facilitate client workshops focused on project initiation and executive steering meetings
· Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
· Ensure proper management of project economics including:
· Project budgets, invoicing, and the collection process
· Mentor and manage teams of technical and business consultants and QA the plans and work done by the team
· Quickly respond to client requests while also driving the project to completion
· Innovate and build capabilities relevant for complex solutions
· Provide and execute upon technology vision for the practice, ensuring alignment with the market in collaboration with other practice areas
· Collaborate with local office leadership to ensure alignment with the office culture, define the strategic direction of the Technology team, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities to expand offerings and the skills of the team
· Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
· Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
· Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
· Assist in developing Technology tools and processes
· Hunt new strategic clients – using relationships and other proved BD skills
· Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
· Partner with business developers, practice leaders, and alliance partners to identify, sell, and close large technology architecture and/or analytics projects within new or existing partnerships.
· Build partnerships with technology alliance partners to enable delivery on broader/complex solutions
· Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
· Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
· Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local tech community
- Strong knowledge and applied understanding of Big Data and Predictive technologies, Data Governance & Strategy, and Data Visualization.
- Minimum of 10 years participating in team-based, client-facing business and technology consulting services
- Minimum of 8 years of managing complex IT projects / people
- Must have led a relevant consulting group or technology practice
- 8+ years’ experience managing technical teams; as well as prior hands-on experience with predictive analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
- Active professional network of contacts in the local data/analytics and professional services market
- Membership and visibility in the local Analytics community
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and in-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and software development life cycles
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%+ is required