“TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.”
-Chris Cartwright, President US Info Services, CEO Administration
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius
- Deep technical expertise and an established reputation as an analytic solutions provider in the Financial Services industry
- Modern computing environment based on best-in-class “big data” technologies and the freedom to explore new data sources and statistical and machine learning methodologies
What you’ll bring:
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence
- At least four (4) years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services or related industries
- Multiple examples of demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least three (3) years
- Advanced programming skills; mastery of a statistical language such as R or SAS; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, C/C++, Java); proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
We’d love to see:
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
- A deep understanding of current industry challenges and trends at the level needed to proactively identify customers’ analytical needs and related business opportunities
Impact you’ll make:
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, telecommunications, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You will design and lead client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning); this will involve delegating tasks to other team members and managing the team to meet deliverables on time.
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and mainframe computing platforms.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will serve as an advisor and partner to the senior management team: proactively seek out opportunities for innovation and present new ideas and solutions on behalf of the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.