2D/3D Motion Graphic Artist - Remote at Black Spectacles
Are you a multitasker who colleagues would describe as a strong problem solver in your area of knowledge? Are you careful, conscientious and organized? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ 2D/3D Motion Graphic Artist role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a 2D/3D Motion Graphic Artist to create 2d graphics and 3d animations for our learning videos and help bring the ideas we're teaching to life.
- Work with video production team to create 2D and 3D motion graphics for video content
- Attend and participate in daily or weekly project and review meetings
- Sketch and outline potential concepts for motion graphics in videos
- Revise motion graphics based on feedback from Art Director or Production Team
- Work on motion graphics for multiple videos at a time
- Maintain up to date knowledge about motion graphics technologies and techniques
- Be a supportive team member that will help to establish and grow Black Spectacles brand
- Specific types of content being designed and animated are along the lines of objects and buildings: character modeling and animation is not required.
Key outcome for this role:
- Keeping our content development on-track through timely completion of motion graphics work required
- Well versed in using After Effects, Cinema 4D and other 3D rendering engines
- Expert in 2D and 3D modeling, animation and design
- Strong keyframing ability
- Solid understanding of timing and spacial design
- Ability to take constructive criticism and adjust design based on feedback provided
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.