Responsible for leading concept direction and development of copy and design solutions for marketing campaigns. Includes: Retail Rx, Non-Retail Rx, Beauty, Seasonal, Consumables, Daily Living and Owned Brands. Ensures the integrity of the brand is effectively present throughout all tactics inclusive of in-store, direct mail, advertising, digital, branded platforms and targeted campaigns, and maintain continuity in all facets of the brand experience. Coaches and mentors designers and writers on team.
- Creates, develops, and executes more complex quality designs for marketing vehicles including circular, catalogs, collateral, brochures, direct mail, newspaper ads, magazine ads, in-store signs, emails, presentations, packaging, internal campaigns, and internal ad hoc requests.
- Maintains knowledge of current copy standards and formats to consistently and effectively convey the company’s image and positioning within the marketplace.
- Collaborates with manager, designers, writers, other marketing team members, and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate concepts, themes, and messages are represented effectively and consistently for the business objective(s) and audience(s).
- Ensures assignments adhere to the approved brand and messaging guidelines to maintain our corporate identity.
- Communicates regularly with project management team to ensure assignments are completed on time.
- Attends and/or leads meetings facilitated by business area or project initiator to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project.
- Presents assignments to business area managers/leaders and peers as needed.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Arts and at least 1 year of experience working as Graphic Designer or above OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 4 years of experience working as a Graphic Designer or above.
- At least 1 year of experience leading the design of projects from concept to completion.
- At least 1 year of experience leading design work.
- Experience using website design software, to include Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience generating creative, innovative ideas in a short timeframe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Arts and at least 3 years of experience working as Graphic Designer or above.
- Experience working on marketing, and/or advertising related projects
- Experience working at an Agency as an Art Director or Graphic Designer.
- Experience communicating ideas to business owners, stakeholders and senior management in order to persuade, gain acceptance, or sell.
- Experience presenting information and ideas to clients and internal teams.