We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re at a pivotal point in the BenchPrep story, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee count since 2018! We’re proud and excited that more than six million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success.
We’re committed to the best learning experience for all people, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
You will join our small team of learning designers and technologists in a profitable, growing SaaS company (with the heart of a start-up!) designing and building out amazing learning experiences for learners of all types. In this role, you'll use available technology to manipulate, ingest, style, and enhance the wide variety of educational materials we receive from enterprise customers for evolving into engaging, interactive experiences with real user impact. And just as importantly, you’ll be part of a great team of passionate learning technologists and designers in a fun and engaging environment.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Create responsive HTML5/CSS3 to meet the unique needs of a wide array of enterprise customers in different industries and convey consistency with each one’s other offerings
- Provide consultation for adding interactive content into customer programs/courses
- Work with software engineers to develop scripts for content conversion if needed
- Advocate for learner experience within BenchPrep and in consultation with customers
- Contribute to planning of new platform features, representing opportunities to make your work more impactful
- Create and test new applications of HTML/CSS for learning products
- Present design specs to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with other designers to ensure consistent look and feel across the platform
- Troubleshoot technological problems related to the translation, ingestion, or presentation of learning materials
About the team:
We, as the Learning Design & Strategy team at BenchPrep, are focused on delivering optimal learning experiences for our customer’s learners. We do this by collaborating extensively with our customers and understanding how their instructional content aligns with their learning objectives and how it can be its most engaging and interactive. The team comprises learning content managers, learning technologists, and content conversion reviewers, all working very closely and collaboratively both in launching new educational programs as well as in growing existing ones. We serve as an extension of our customer’s operations team, with a goal of making them and their programs more effective.
- Have 1-2 years of experience authoring/editing HTML and CSS to high standards
- Have 1-2 years of experience manipulating documents using Excel formulas, scripting languages, and/or Regular Expressions
- Ideally have experience working at an enterprise-level SaaS company, preferably in the educational technology industry
- Have familiarity with a learning management system (LMS) and a content management system (CMS)
- Have a design mindset, curiosity, and a desire to problem-solve
- Be willing to challenge and improve established processes and product features, providing ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
- Be curious about ever-changing learning technology.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission of universal empowerment and each day love an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together because we enjoy each other’s company. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility in work/life balance and operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces for 2020, and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high-performing, motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.