Conversational UX Engineer at Kin + Carta
The Applied AI and Data Platforms capability at Kin + Carta focuses on time-to-value by leveraging a pragmatic, iterative approach to release the “potential energy” stored within our clients’ data. Our typical projects include data strategy, streaming & analytics, strategy & build, machine learning, intelligent customer experience, customer 360 transformation, data platform modernization, and connected experience data strategy. Kin + Carta’s user-first approach, and Data as a Product mindset, has won the hearts and minds of our Fortune 500 clients.
The ideal Conversational User Experience Engineer for Kin + Carta is passionate about applying technology that contextualizes user interaction in human terms first. Strong communication skills combined with an empathetic approach are a must. Experience working in an Agile development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Implement conversational flows in enterprise-grade, cloud-based NLP services (such as GCP Dialogflow, Azure Bot Service, Amazon Lex, and IBM Watson)
- Work with beta features of the above platforms to prototype the latest functionality
- Develop APIs to enable business logic, tie into existing APIs, and deploy to cloud on either an IaaS, PaaS, or FaaS offering
- Create prototypes of web-based or mobile-based chat interfaces; these may be standalone or live in the client’s existing codebases
- Analyze data points from conversation logs to uncover insights that improve the experience, as well as other client business processes
- Communicate technical limitations and recommendations for optimization to the Convo UX designers and work collaboratively with them
- Enable omni-channel interactions via Telephony, Smart Device, etc.
- Integrate with existing telecommunications or customer support systems, including IVR, GenesysCloud, Zendesk, LivePerson, etc…
- Manage environments to create a stable instance for user-research and business demo.
- Interface with our clients and cloud service partners to provide technical updates and recommendations
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years with coding web-interfaces experience
- 3+ years with source control via Git experience
- 2+ years with coding and consuming REST API’s experience
- 2+ years with Azure, GCP, and/or AWS experience
- 1+ years with Node or Python experience
- Quick learner with an appetite for working with beta features
- Proven track-record of building solutions with GCP Dialogflow, Azure BotService, AWS Lex, or IBM Watson
- Familiarity with the underlying principles of NLP, AI, and ML
- Experience interacting programmatically with CRM systems such as Salesforce and Zendesk
- Experience with CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) providers, such as GenesysCloud and Avaya
- Experience with designing data pipelines and ETL processes.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.