The Sr. User Experience Designer / Information Architect will be responsible for developing web, mobile and cross channel user experience designs through individual contribution and participation in teams. Performance output will include deliverables such as heuristic reviews, site maps, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, design specifications, experience design briefs, etc. The User Experience Designer will work with the User Experience group leadership, and on teams with delivery and program/project managers, internal business stakeholders, creative teams and developers.
The Walgreens User Experience practice is a core discipline of the Digital & Marketing division. We are a passionate, energetic, and committed team of designers, researchers, and experience architects tasked with shaping the evolving landscape of digital solutions supporting our brand alignment with business goals and customer needs. This role is critical in the requirements definition, analysis and solution design of both customer and employee-facing digital solutions across desktop browsers, mobile devices and in-store digital interactions.
- Drives customer advocacy by showing empathy for our customers and users of our software solutions, their needs and goals.
- Defines user requirements in response to business goals working with product management and technology partners.
- Actively participates in a cross-functional agile teams; representing User Experience alongside research, visual design, copywriting, product management, development and QA. Shares delivery accountability with agile teams.
- Creates prototypes, process flows, wireframes, and design specifications. Works with Business Analysts in the development of use cases required to document business rules and expected online customer behaviors.
- Participates in and analyzes user research and usability test results. Seeks out consumer data and web analytics when developing experience solutions.
- Participates in project reviews; collaborates with the User Experience group in the development of, promotion of, and compliance to, experience design standards.
- Participates in backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Senior roles bring mentoring and coaching capabilities, team leadership, and identify new methods for practice development.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in eCommerce or other customer-facing digital experiences OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in eCommerce or other customer facing digital experiences.
- Experience interacting with creative teams, business owners and/or technical teams
- Experience participating in, and defining, user experience processes and best practices
- Experience with page design / wireframing programs, such as Axure and Adobe Creative Suite
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or similar
- Working knowledge of Omniture / Adobe Analytics, or other web analytics program
- Experience with creative of interactive prototypes, e.g., Axure
- Interactive agency or consulting experience
- Experience with E-Commerce languages used to create structured web documents, such as HTML, JAVA, AJAX