Lead Designer, UX/UI
Adage Technologies is a web design and development firm in downtown Chicago that specializes in building digital CMS and eCommerce solutions. We are a team of strategic, creative, and technical professionals who partner with our clients to solve business problems and meet meaningful goals. It’s our team-oriented approach that truly drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients and break ground with exciting new technology.
As Lead Designer, you’ll be managing large-scale, technology and web development centric solutions. You’ll engage closely with clients to understand what they want to accomplish through their website, and then work with our own developers and designers to bring those ideas to life. As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for leading discovery activities with a diverse set of clients then creating a digital strategy to achieve their goals. You will utilize all available skills from your UX/UI tool belt to incorporate customer research and business strategy into creative solutions.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about user experience and has a strong portfolio of working websites.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consulting with clients to define and document their business requirements and the challenges they are trying to solve, then developing strategy and design that exceeds expectations
- Delivering outstanding client presentations that incorporate personas, user scenarios, user journey maps and wireframes to present research findings and design ideas
- Motivate, challenge, and guide your cross functional scrum teams to deliver projects that execute digital strategy on time and on budget
- Expertly managing the design process for multiple projects while incorporating feedback to continuously improve design output
- Collaborating with the sales team to win new business by creating pitches and collateral that wows our prospective clients
What success looks like:
- 100% of projects come in on time and budget
- The design team is hitting billability goals
- You are helping sell our services and hitting 20% growth goals
- You’re helping grow our team and recruiting top notch digital designers
- Clients are advocating and seeking us out for our design services
- We are winning design awards
We want someone with:
- 7-9 years of agency experience leading large-scale, integrated projects including websites, landing pages, digital marketing and direct marketing
- Art direction experience and formal design training with exceptional conceptual and design skills, as well as experience on the digital marketing side, e-mail, online advertising, SEO and marketing automation.
- An overall understanding of web production and technologies and the capabilities within digital channels, plus expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, digital design tools like Axure, Figma, and Sketch
- A passion and expertise for collaborating with Product Owners, Designers and Developers to deliver great work
- High energy, a positive attitude, and the motivation to learn and teach
Please include a link to your portfolio along with your resume if you'd like to be considered fully for this position.