Lead Technical UX/UI Product Designer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Lead UX Designer, you’ll partner closely with our agile engineering teams to develop products that create an innovative, best in class experience for our customers. This role will capture stakeholder feature requests, analyze processes, and design workflows at a high level. The Lead UX Designer will then define and create interaction flows, wireframes, review feedback on released features, and drive new features in web or mobile apps. We are looking for a Lead UX Designer who is passionate about creating best-in-class experiences for our engineering products and collaborating with the larger team to extend the design language we use across all apps.
Responsible for the development of products that create an innovative, best in class experience for our customers. Responsible for capturing stakeholder feature requests, analyze processes, and design workflows at a high level. Defines and creates interaction flows, wireframes, review feedback on released features and drive new features in web or mobile apps.
- Develops design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications and other UX/UI design deliverables.
- Defines and implements systematic approach to create clean and functional UI.
- Participates in the product definition process with the team and drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Understandable target users’ needs, motivations, and behaviors as it relates to a specific project or area.
- Balances technical and delivery constraints when creating accessible and engaging user interfaces based on complex requirements and tight deadlines.
- Utilizes Usability testing or A/B testing to present and validate design solutions.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Evangelize curiosity for the needs of our customers through data driven discovery and design.
- Articulate user experience design issues effectively. Present and build consensus around design thinking and rationale with peers and stakeholders.
- Partner with User Research to craft user-testing prototypes.
- Create and maintain style guides.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Graphic Design or related field
- 6+ years of experience in UX Design or Information Architecture or related field
- In lieu of education, 8+ years of experience in UX Design or Information Architecture or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience with visual and interaction design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision etc.)
- Online portfolio with examples of previous work
- Experience with storyboarding, customer journey mapping or service design
- Experience with responsive or mobile design
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.