Lead User Experience Generalist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Lead User Experience Generalist
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work.
Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career. Responsible for leading the development and implementation of websites.
This individual will be a key member of a team responsible for the continued success of delivering an industry-leading, online application experience to drive loan growth and origination volume for Discover Personal Loans. They will ensure the applicants have access and can easily complete an online application in order to originate their personal loan. This will require driving digital strategies and challenging the status quo, while finding ways to automate and optimize the digital experience and monitor traffic to quickly determine any impediments or friction.
To have success in this role, this person must be a self-motivated and self-guided individual willing to take on multiple responsibilities utilizing a variety of creative, strategic, analytic, operational, and presentation skills, along with being able to build and foster partnerships both internally and with external agencies.
In addition, this person should be able to effectively resolve ambiguity and influence others, be detail-oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
The goal for this person is to deliver a best-in-class, seamless digital application experience by implementing meaningful design and enhancing our strategic capabilities. In doing so, this individual will seek to increase digital conversion, launch new A/B tests and optimize flow to increase acceptance and grow new personal loan volume.
- Proactively partner with immediate team and within the organization in a rapidly evolving culture to drive new strategies and A/B tests within the online application to continuously challenge the status quo and to increase conversion.
- Use thought leadership skills to drive design, business requirements, dependencies, and supporting data to implement a testing roadmap that will improve our digital customer experience.
- Lead new initiatives and establish relationships with business partners across operations, analytics, field ops, legal/compliance, design, and various BT/agile teams.
- Act as digital team liaison to work closely with Incident Management and BT teams to help troubleshoot issues, provide business support, to provide guidance to promptly seek root cause analysis, and post-install validation for ticket closure.
- Stay informed about industry trends and innovation to provide competitive benchmarking and analysis to team and leadership
- Attend cross-functional work groups to provide guidance and recommendations to immediate digital team in supporting enterprise-wide digital vendors and technologies.
- Drive roadmap for click-to-chat channel across the personal digital properties
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, finance, or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital analytics, business and/or marketing
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, ContentSquare/Clicktale, or similar web analytics software a plus
- Proficient written, oral and presentation skills
- Knowledge of SAFe Agile framework a plus
- Project management and leaderships skills required
- Self-starter that is detailed oriented and can work autonomously
- Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking, organization, project management, and time-management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to manage change, collaborate across groups, facilitate discussions, and influence others.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.