Principal, UX Designer
Leads the development of the definition of suite of products designs and documentation for the UX style guide patterns and behaviors. Creates visual assets using our style guide. Creates hi-fidelity prototypes, wireframes, design concepts that present content and functionality with intuitive clarity and balance. Delivers prototypes and wireframes using and augmenting pattern library. Leads design collaboration meetings ensuring designs are consistent and leads the team of designers.
- Leads the development of the definition of suite of products designs and documentation for the UX style guide patterns and behaviors. Creates visual assets using our style guide. Creates hi-fidelity prototypes, wireframes, design concepts that present content and functionality with intuitive clarity and balance. Delivers prototypes and wireframes using and augmenting pattern library.
- Evangelize and leads design thinking via design sprints and other collaborative activities. Creates prototypes for research and internal communication. Transforms and reimagines the digital experience by delivering value to customers in innovative ways.
- Articulates, inspires and lead agile teams with a directional yet pragmatic design strategy.
- Leads and presents designs during internal bi-weekly design reviews as well as mostly leadership design reviews. Presents and defends concepts with concrete tactical rationale.
- Leads product team support with any user experience needs throughout during different phases of the project (planning, pre-work, elaboration and post work). Participate in customer insight studies and usability testing.
- Collaborates on daily basis with product owners, business analysts, system analysts, and scrum teams to ensure quality and consistency.
- Strives for innovative solutions understanding platform constrain, technical & program level limitations.
- Partners with design authority to ensure suggested solutions meet with technical expectations and limitations. Partners with senior members of Product, Marketing, Engineering and other internal stakeholders to ideate the next generation of products/services.
- Participates in documenting UX WOW, best practices, and style guide exceptions.
- Partners with research team to validate concepts and design solutions.
- Stays abreast of business and emerging technologies quickly by building on previous knowledge and experience.
- Performs as a visual storyteller and proficiently convey early design approaches on paper or whiteboard. Performs as a key member of the digital design team, Plans and executes designs that extend past digital into the store setting.
- Utilizes qualitative and quantitative methods to understand customer needs, worries, and habits.
- Navigates constraints, ensures design quality throughout implementation, and manages multiple projects while consistently delivering on time.
- Guides more junior designers, playing an advisory role on their design studies.
- Leads and mentors less experienced designers.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of design experience with focus on software, web applications, and mobile apps OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of design experience with focus on software, web applications, and mobile apps
- Experience working with software project, management practices, development practices, and agile methodologies.
- Experience with conceptualization, visualization, design.
- Experience creating wireframes, and/or other visual artifacts.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and UCD methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience working with User Center Design processes.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Experience with graphic creation software, such as Axure, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Illustrator.
- Experience working with project management tools, such as Confluence.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors / ergonomics or related field.