We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
BenchPrep is looking for a talented Product Design Manager to join our growing team! As a Product Design Manager, you will be responsible for helping shape the way people learn and engage with our platform through design thinking. You will have ownership of our User Experience function, including the leadership and mentoring of the members of the UX team. You will play a key role in the process of creating smart and usable designs for our web, mobile, and desktop applications. You will partner closely with business leaders, product owners, and engineers to create an exceptional learner experience across our suite of products.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all user experience and design aspects, from conception to delivery
- Work with the designers and engineers to develop a cohesive experience throughout our platform in order to increase user satisfaction
- Provide mentorship and coaching to other members of the team, such as reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high-quality products
- Act as a thought leader, creating design-driven solutions throughout the software lifecycle
- Participate in user needs assessment, task analysis and develop user profiles
- Apply a user-centered design approach, successfully testing and iterating concepts
- Conduct user research and usability testing
You should have:
- 5+ years in a User Experience role
- 2+ years in a leadership/management capacity
- Knowledge of Adobe design software: Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD.
- Knowledge of Figma.
- Strong understanding of UI and UX design techniques and tools.
- Has an understanding of usability testing and its process.
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
- Understanding of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, and typography.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Strong understanding of wireframing and prototyping.
- Superior organization skills; exacting attention to detail and accuracy.
- Recognizes pros and cons of different design strategy
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator across product managers and engineers.
- Ability to work with designers, developers, and product owners to implement new ideas.
- Experience testing websites and software on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android mobile and devices.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Have experience with dynamic languages.
- Be curious about ever-changing technology.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, even though we’re currently remote, our inclusive work culture has been built to withstand challenges, as we stay connected and ensure all of our employees have the resources and tools they need to stay successful in this new environment. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.