Product Designer, Consumer at SpotHero
Do clunky experiences of everyday tasks, like parking, drive you nuts? Do you have a desire to make them better? We do, too.
SpotHero is seeking a Product Designer to lead design for an area of our consumer-facing products. This crucial role will make a transformational impact on our business by improving customer experiences across the web, iOS, and Android and helping millions of drivers win at parking.
Who we are:
SpotHero is one of the mobility industry's hottest tech companies, paving the future of parking through innovative technology. As cities ramp back up post-COVID, we're growing our teams, tech and vision to forge mobility's comeback. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology and insights, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our Product Design Team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create the best experience for our customers. We marry user research—both qualitative and quantitative—with fast-paced execution to form a user, data, and design-centric culture.
What will you do:
- Create holistic design solutions for our millions of customers that address their needs by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Glean insights about our current and future users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Design user research and usability studies, collect and react to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Work directly with your product manager and engineering team to define UX and UI requirements that create a consistent experience across channels and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, high-fidelity mocks, and other UX deliverables.
- Define an accessible design system for data visualizations.
- Create thoughtful growth experiments through innovative design solutions and test against 3M monthly visitors.
- Collaborate on our evolving design system.
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and that you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- Are a self-starter who actively seeks the “why” in order to make the SpotHero experience easy and enjoyable to use.
- Know how to navigate through the unknown.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design, iOS, and Android best practices.
- Are passionate about user-centered design.
- Demand a collaborative environment.
- Embrace iterative development.
- Are excited to conduct usability tests, talk to users out in the field, A/B test, and then share learnings with the organization.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years professional experience designing web and native applications.
- A portfolio that showcases your design process, thinking, & execution.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for responsiveness.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools - InVision and Sketch preferred.
- Ability to meet and communicate deadlines.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply:
- A link to or PDF of your portfolio, showing designs with data visualizations and any necessary passwords to view work.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.