Product Designer, Consumer
Do clunky experiences of everyday tasks, like parking, drive you nuts? Do you have a desire to make them better? We do too.
SpotHero is seeking a Product Designer for our consumer team. This crucial role will make a transformational impact on our business by improving customer experiences across web, iOS and Android.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our Product Design Team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers. We marry user research, both qualitative and quantitative analysis, with fast-paced execution, to form a user, data, and design-centric culture.
What will you do?
- Create holistic design solutions for one of our consumer verticals that address business and user requirements by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Glean insights about our current and future users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Define UX and UI requirements and work directly with your product manager and engineering team to execute a consistent experience across systems and products.
- Design usability studies, collect and react to user feedback.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, high-fidelity mocks, and other UX deliverables.
- Create thoughtful A/B tests and growth experiments through innovative design solutions.
- Collaborate on our evolving style guides
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and that you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- Are a self-starter who actively seeks the “why” in order to make the SpotHero experience easy and enjoyable to use.
- Know how to navigate through the unknown.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design, iOS, and Android best practices
- Are passionate about user-centered design.
- Demand a collaborative environment.
- Embrace iterative development.
- Are excited to conduct usability tests, talk to users out in the field, A/B test, , and then sharing learnings with the organization.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
What you bring:
- Have a portfolio that showcases your design process & thinking
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs such as portal and workflow concepts
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools such as InVision and Sketch
- 3-5 years professional experience designing web applications and native apps
- Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Experience designing complex workflow automation applications.
What we are offering:
Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- Plus, true ownership of your design in an environment where you can rapidly grow based on your execution
Steps to apply: Please include your portfolio/dribbble/etc username and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set. We love seeing work that others loved working on.