Do clunky experiences of everyday tasks, like parking, drive you nuts? Do you have a desire to make them better? We do, too.
SpotHero is seeking a Product Designer who specializes in creating immersive experiences with data. This crucial role will not only mature SpotHero’s own internal insights but also transform SpotHero’s role in parking sellers’ day-to-day with unique insights; thus solidifying SpotHero as the leader in parking.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Partner with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a feature or product from conception to launch and throughout iteration.
- Work with product manager to design and execute user research and usability studies to collect qualitative feedback and uncover all use cases.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user needs by considering the entire customer experience through collaboration with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop and communicate a viewpoint on user story prioritization based on discovery findings.
- Reference user needs and/or archetypes when making design decisions.
- Design solutions with experimentation (A/B testing) in mind.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, pixel-perfect design assets, and other UX deliverables that are easily understandable by product and engineering counterparts.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics within a cross-functional team.
- Consult with internal partners on best practices to support SpotHero’s customers.
- Continuously monitor the success of the product through analytics and other tools.
- Document ,collaborate on, and reference our evolving style guides.
- Co-designing across products with peer designers.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2+ years professional experience designing web and native iOS and Android applications.
- A portfolio that showcases your design process & thinking.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for responsive web, iOS, and Android.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools such as InVision and Sketch.
- Ability to meet and communicate deadlines.
Tools you'll be using:
- Design Documentation software (Sketch & InVision preferred).
- BI Tool (Looker Preferred).
- A/B Testing Platform (Optimizely preferred).
- Product Analytics Software (Mixpanel preferred).
- Issue and Project Tracking Software (Jira preferred).
- User Session Recording Tools.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include a portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.