Product Designer - Optimizations Team
Do clunky experiences of everyday tasks, like parking, drive you nuts? Do you have a desire to make them better? We do too.
SpotHero is seeking a Product Designer for our Optimization team. This crucial role will make a transformational impact on the efficiency of how our business functions by improving experiences and workflows for our customers, sellers, and internal teams.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our Product Design Team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers. We marry user research, both qualitative and quantitative analysis, with fast-paced execution, to form a user, data, and design-centric culture.
What will you do?
- Reimagine, from the ground up, solutions and workflows that make our internal teams 10x more productive and our customers self-sufficient.
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user requirements by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Glean insights about our internal users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Define UX and UI requirements and work directly with your product manager and engineering team to execute a consistent experience across systems and products.
- Design usability studies, collect and react to user feedback.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, and other UX deliverables.
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and that you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- Are a self-starter who actively seeks the “why” in order to make the SpotHero experience easy and enjoyable to use.
- Know how to navigate through the unknown.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design, iOS, and Android best practices
- Are passionate about user-centered design.
- Demand a collaborative environment.
- Embrace iterative development.
- Are excited to conduct usability tests, talk to users out in the field, A/B test, , and then sharing learnings with the organization.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
- Have a portfolio that showcases your design process & thinking
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs such as portal and workflow concepts
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools such as InVision and Sketch
- 3-5 years professional experience designing web applications, preferably supporting B2B companies (if not, still apply and convince us you’re a great fit).
- Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Experience designing complex workflow automation applications.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- Plus, true ownership of your design in an environment where you can rapidly grow based on your execution
Think You’re the Right Fit to Help Us Grow? Apply!
- Please include your portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and links to any project that represent your skill set. We love seeing work that you loved working on.